Buongiorno brave followers of Monte Cristo Isle,
We have one life, one opportunity, to realize the dreams we have – whether that entails reaching the career you wanted since childhood, buying a villa in Southern Italy with a view at the sea, traveling the world, mastering a hobby, securing a future for your children, starting a successful blog, or as simple as making people you love happy. If you don’t have a dream yet, get one, it will bring meaning, hope, and motivation to your life!
So now you’re thinking of the dream. You imagine it in its full beauty. Keep in mind, fellow reader, that this is only 10% of the battle. The other 90% involves making the dream happen. How?
7 Steps on how to fulfill your dream:
- Bend the rules. Better yet, break them! No, I don’t mean rush off your seat this instant to rob a bank or hijack a plane. What I mean is that there are 7.5 billion fish in the sea, all who want that dream life, that life which is waiting to be earned by you. It will be tough. Don’t let set standards and the massive amount of pursuing fish hold you back from trying – there is a way to overcome all obstacles. You don’t have grades for graduate school? Strengthen your extracurriculars and apply! Don’t have the money for that dream house? Start a business, gather a few friends to invest with you, and the house will be yours one day. Have given up all hope because you admit you’re lazy and you have no future? Realize that’s not the case, create a productive plan for the day, and work towards your goal. As my great-grandmother has said, “there are always 3 solutions to any problem“.
- Work hard and consistently. Please, please, please. It took me a long time to figure out, as the thoughts of reaching a dream “easily” are always there. Be sure to place in the effort and do it consistently. Don’t be a student who places all their effort into the first day of studies and then slacks off for the rest of the year; or in business – Don’t work at 100% until you hit your first obstacle and then stop! Think of solutions, consult with people, even me if you’d like, and a solution will come up. Show the world you want it. And if you plan to bring up the idea of winning a lottery – sure, that’ll give you instant money, but the things which follow (i.e. not knowing how to smartly invest it and sudden fame) will bring many more problems.
- Never, and I repeat, Never Give up. It’s always best to keep working on something you’ve already began developing rather than starting from scratch all over again. Why? Because you’ll most likely run into the same problems all-over again unless you learn to tackle them right now. Personally, before starting my first successful business, I’ve tried literally 50 ideas. You learn every time you lose. Never give up working towards you goal and choose a direction wisely. Then place all your efforts in it. Whatever hardships you face, never give up. That’s part of the formula for long-term success.
- Build connections. No famous pop-singer or artist entered fame on their own. It wasn’t solely because of talent either, as there are millions of very talented people in the world. They’ve most likely became famous under the wing of someone powerful, and same as to individuals this can be applied to businesses. Make connections everywhere you go, explore the people who are successful in what you want to do, contact them, collaborate, and enter the professional community this way.
- Have a reliable plan. Every big project requires a good plan. Make sure your idea is specific and each stage is carefully planned out. A to-do list may be helpful.
- Contact the Count of Monte Cristo. I’m far off from being a tooth-fairy or a magician, your dreams are ultimately destined to be achieved by you, but if there’s any help I may provide through advice – I’ll do so. Feel free to comment here or contact me via this blog.
- Remember – you are currently living the dream life of somebody else! We always strive to be better, I get it, but you will always find a person less-fortunate who would dream of a life you have right now. Be grateful for it everyday on your journey to success and help others once you reach it!
In summary, there are many ways to reach the dream you have. It’s possible, no matter how crazy and unattainable it may seem at the moment. Work hard, work consistently, go above and around set rules and standards, meet people along the way, have a reliable plan, and never give up. These are the fundamentals. If you have any questions or additional advice or enjoyed this post, please comment below!
That’s all for today. If you enjoyed this post, share it with those you care about. If you’re new, join the Isle of Monte Cristo by following this blog.
Count of Monte Cristo